Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ni Hao from China


Woo-hoo I got on here! We started out pretty exhausted on wed. morning as our flight got canceled. So mom had to pick us up and take us back home as our flight would not leave for 5 hours. I tried to sleep a little but didn't really sleep. Then back to the airport to fly to San Francisco instead of Seattle. Then straight to Beijing. The flight was long, Rod slept way more than I did. I only slept probably 1-2 hours total. But I read a lot. Couldn't put down "Choosing to See". Awesome book!
We got to China, minus one piece of luggage. It wasn't anything major, but still wanted to get it if possible. It arrived this morning thank goodness!
Yesterday we ventured out to the local grocery store. We needed to buy bottled water as you can't drink the water here. The store was pretty neat. I tried to post a picture here but it didn't work. Maybe now it did...
Then last night we went to an acrobatic show. It was pretty neat. Then had some great Chinese food at our hotel.
This morning we were up early to go to the Cloisonne factory which are hand made and handpainted items made from copper and the Great Wall. The Great Wall was crowded but very impressive! I tried twice to get a picture on here, but it wouldn't work.
It has been very interesting and neat to be in our son's birth country, just been trying to take it all in...
Tomorrow we go to the Forbidden City, should be very interesting...
Monday afternoon we will get Caleb, its hard to believe its almost here!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are in China! Even though I haven't been emailing you I am praying for you! We will be in Fresno the end of April for a nasal endoscopy for Isaac. Then we will be headed for surgery probably this summer! I have been thinking and praying for you a lot! I will continue to do so! I love hearing about your journey thanks for sharing and I will mail you information or bring it with me to Fresno! Have a blast in China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time Anna! Can't wait to see Caleb! Hint for posting pictures: shrink them down as small as you can get them. The internet can't support the size of the pictures and by shrinking them you can post more then 1 at a time!!! -Beth

    ReplyDelete