Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Orphanage visit

I was still able to go to the orphanage while Caleb took a nap. We took a taxi, it was crazy! You would think there would be soooo many accidents but I have only seen one the whole time we have been in China, I found out on the way I would be taking a taxi back to the hotel by myself, yikes! Our guide was taking the dad and his tow teenage sons (the family we have been hanging out with)for a boat ride on the Yellow river. It was scary but I survived. Not able to upload a picture right now, will keep trying...
We got a tour from the director, so didn't interact with the kids like I thought we might. But I did get to pass out suckers to one classroom of severely disabled chldren.
The babies crying in a couple of rooms was sad. I wanted to hold them. I was very glad I went. Was neat to see but also sad. The orphanage DESPERATELY needs special nipples for the cleft lip/cleft palate babies. Our son was fortunate to have one, but now they are all out and can't even get them here. So if anyone would like to help in this way I want to try to send a box of them soon after we get back.
We are doing great today so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment