Monday, April 11, 2011

1st 24 hours


Here is the picture of us meeting him.
We have ALL made it through the first 24 hours of having Caleb in our lives. I slept well last night but feel kind of tired. He slept well last night and easily went down for a nap this afternoon. I may join him... I'm still waiting for the "storm" to hit and trying to brace myself. But he is eating well, seems happy and is having fun playing with the toys we brought him.
This morning we had to go back to the adoption center and have a short interview and go over the paperwork I filled out last night. All this paperwork will then be notarized and will be our adoption certificate. So it was pretty much finalized today. Still hard to believe! I thought that he or some of the other kids would have a lot of trouble going back to the place we picked them up yesterday but there were 6 families there today and all the kids did great!
After we finished there we went to a grocery store. We got Caleb a couple of little books in Chinese and they have the english word for the item also, water and of course I had to get a couple of things from the bakery. I chose a couple of different bread to have with our "Ramen noodles" for lunch. The bread were good but very different from American breads or the breads I make. But I had some bread this morning that tasted like banana bread.
It has been raining here today. We may venture out for dinner tonight since we ate at the hotel restaurant last night. Things are pretty cheap here for us, but for them it is expensive. Inflation keeps getting higher and they have a 63% tax rate. I will never complain about ours again!
We are really enjoying getting to know and spending time with the other Bethany family that is here with us. They brought their 2 teenage sons and 3 1/2 year old chinese daughter with them. Their sons are great and have taken pictures for us and are great with all the little kids. Very nice family. They live in MI, I think in Grand Rapids.
Well I think I'm going to reat a little while I have the chance. I'm sure everything is going so well because of all your prayers! Thank you for your love and support!

3 comments:

  1. Anna he is adorable! He does remind me of Isaac in his looks :) However, Isaac screamed and screamed when the nannies left. Every child is different :) I am praying for you all Have an awesome time with your son there in China! It's wonderful time together there in his homeland- discovering each other together...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Anna! He is just adorable. We also waiting for the other shoe to drop and several times thought of this is when the grieving is going to start, but it really did not. Just think of yourself as really lucky and go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rod and Anna! Caleb is soooo precious. I can't wait to meet him in person. Praying for a quick bonding with your family and safe travels back. Crystal Mayfield

    ReplyDelete