Friday, April 22, 2011

Everyone bites the dust...

Was great to have my parents and one of my sisters and a dear friend at the airport to greet us. So wonderful to hug our kids and have them finally meet Caleb face to face. Really have no words to describe...Certainly feels good to be home. Felt longer than 2 weeks. Have survived almost 48 hours back at home. All but Rod are now on antibiotics, which I don't like, but gotta do it this time...But still managing to get unpacked, do laundry, etc...
The first day things went really well. Caleb really loved playing with Austin and Naomi. And they have been great helpers. It is so great to have older kids now to help with a little one! Makes such a difference! So have a couple kids then wait a few years and have a couple more! My dear sister-in-law brought us dinner, Mexican food and fresh strawberries, it was awesome! She also made some wonderful pesto sauce which we had on our pasta tonight. So Caleb got to meet another aunt and uncle and 5 of his cousins. Also papa Freeland came, Booma Freeland was sorely missed. It does feel empty with out her.
Didn't get out of bed until 10 today. But I was up with Naomi at 3 then Austin woke me up at 7, 8 and 9. I told him tonight that he may not come into my room until after 8:30 tomorrow unless someone is bleeding or can't breathe. We got Caleb up and he was not happy. I sat with him while he rolled on the floor. I left for a minute and then he was almost under our bedskirt making a little sucking noise. He makes a little sucking noise and like to have a blanket up over his face or near his face to go to sleep. I didn't want to "punish" him as he was just having a hard time, but I thought maybe he just needs to go back to sleep, which he did until 1 pm. With the time difference and him being sick and grieving, that is probably just what he needed.
Austin and I had a dr. appt.in the afternoon which I thought Caleb would be asleep during that time as I also need to go to Target to get Caleb some smaller clothes. But Naomi played with him and he was fine the whole time we were gone, then he wanted me to hold him for about half an hour, while I was trying to fix dinner of course. But that's ok...
After dinner we went for a short walk. Caleb does scream if you take a toy away or something else he really wants. We will have to work on that soon. But for a little while we need to give him what he wants, most of the time, so he knows we will meet his needs and he can learn to trust us, feel secure and attach to us.
Feel bummed we will probably have to miss Easter service at church, as Easter is a glorious day! Certainly seeing Easter in a different light this year. "God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ...and it gave him great pleasure...He is so rich in kindness and grace that He purchased our freedom with the blood of His Son..."Eph. 1:5,7 WOW! So blessed and thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Things will only get better and better from here on!! I'm still here...I'll be calling to offer assistance. Love,

    ReplyDelete