Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sitting in Seattle...




I'm going on 30 hours of being up with no sleep, let's see if I can write anything coherent! Spelling will probably be bad! But what else do you do an in airport with free internet access and a very long layover? Blog of course! Maybe I can get the pictures up that wouldn't work.
It is now 10:20am in China, Caleb is in his stroller asleep, poor guy!
This morning was rough! We were kind of late getting to the airport. Our guide really had to weasel her way to get us all checked in quickly. So I was very sad and disappointed to not really get to say last goodbyes. But I'm sure there are a few people who we will really stay in touch with and maybe evedn visit. Caleb screamed from the time we were in line at the airport and most of the first flight. Needless to say I've had trouble with bonding today. But Rod has been so patient with him and me. He is so excited that Caleb is a citizen now and ALL the paperwork is behind us. But be sure and ask him just how much paperwork he actually did! Then on our flight from Beijing to Seattle he fell asleep even before we took off, slept a couple hours while Rod and I watched "True Grit". Then he was up a few hours then slept 5-6 more, so that was great! And he has done pretty good since we have been in Seattle. We desperately tried to get an earlier flight, there just weren't any. Why in the world is Fresno an international airport? Oh well...Had a taco salad for dinner. It tasted soooo good!
Our poor little girl at home is still so sick. Can't wait to get home to her and the other young man also. Now Caleb has a rash on his face and some kind of eye infection. So I got him a Dr. appt. tomorrow afternoon at 4, hopefully I will be out of bed by then. So I guess the Freeland house will just have to be quarintined for a few days...But I'm praying I can go to church for Easter. I would be very sad to miss it.
Picture of the market we went to, pictures don't do it justice! It was quiet an expereince! Thos e who live near us will have to see Rod's video.
The other picture is the famous "red couch" photo for those who have adopted from China.
About an hour and a half until we leave Seattle and Rod wants his turn on the computer. Thanks for all your prayers and comments and reading about our journey!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You are here in Clovis! I cried so hard at the airport tonight! :) Caleb is sooo cute. Loved watching him walking around and hug Rod's leg. His smile was big for his sister and brother too! All 5 Freelands get to sleep in the same house tonight! Rejoicing with you! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you still! Everyone's trip home is memorable...sleeping, crying, screaming...We had a blowout on the plane too- diaper blowout :) So glad you have a doctor appointment for Caleb and will be home soon with your other kids. Adjustment takes time and bonding takes time......Praying for you all! I can't wait to catch up with you when you are all up to it! Praying! hang in there you are almost home!

    ReplyDelete