Thursday, March 31, 2011

We are going to China!

Havn't gotten to blog lately, as usual! So we got our travel approval on the 21st. Thought for sure we would find out the next morning if we would get to go in April or May. We were still in the mountains with no phone reception. I had not slept very well, so I got up and got ready and checked my e-mail, nothing...waited all day as we drove home to hear something. They hadn't heard back from the US consulate. So had to try and sleep another night, nothing the next morning either! It was driving me crazy~! Do I start getting ready or not?! Thursday morning came. I was very anxious. I stood by the phone and prayed at 8:20, then I got in the shower. A few minutes later, the kids start screaming outside the bathroom door saying that our social worker had called and had great news! I was shaking and crying and tried to quickly finish my shower. I thought for sure we would be going, but still tried to hold myself back a little in case there was a crushing blow. So I called her back and she said "Never say never for April!" I think I just kept saying "Oh my goodness!". So we were going to leave in 13 days. Now my head was spinning! We first called Rod and work, he was surprised and very excited. The kids took turns calling other family members. Then the craziness began. I didn't know where to start, everything became "urgent". So I made a list of things to do each day, to spread it out and break it up and make sense of the places I needed to go.
God performed a miracle! I will never take that for granted. I feel very humbled. There are others that should be going in this group too, but they still wait. Especially one family I was so looking forward to sharing this trip with. We had been matched the same day and had had similar delays over the past several months, we were each others daily cheerleaders. I'm still sad that I will probably not get to meet her this side of heaven...But as I have been learning in Isaiah God's ways and thoughts are so different than what we think should or shouldn't happen. I may never understand so many of the whys, but I know form the past, from His word, and many times in my life, that HE IS FAITHFUL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna, you are so sweet and gracious with your words! Thank you for thinking of us through your joy!!! You're right, we may never meet this side of heaven, but I know we will be bonded for life! We can continue to share our journeys through e-mail and who knows........maybe one day I will need to make a trip out to sunny CA!?!? :) (((HUGS))) to you my friend, my sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete