Tuesday, November 30, 2010

FINALLY, LOA!!!

Got the call yesterday morning just before 8am. Hadn't even had time to really start pondering it for the day. It was almost anti-climatic, since I had wanted it so bad so many other times. But of course we were still very excited.
Then today about 10:15 UPS truck came. I thought I would run out and tackle or hug, the UPS man, but he was too quick! We looked it over, carefully signed it, then I was off to overnight it. An interesting tidbit is that china stamped it on Nov. 22nd, which is just after I spoke at our church. Amazing! God had me in the place where He wanted me and He wanted me to obey Him first, before we got the letter.
We were going to meet with our SW Mon., then I asked if we could meet this Thurs. instead, I couldn't wait til Mon.! Then now we are going to meet with her tomorrow, YAY! So maybe I can have the immigration paperwork done by tomorrow.
So that is the next step, it is called I-800. It is approval from our government to adopt and bring Caleb into this country. It can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. Please pray with us for only 3 weeks. All I want for Christmas is I-800 approval! Then once we get that its another 6-8 weeks until we travel. So we are hoping to travel no later than mid Feb.
I had fun getting him a couple of things at Target today. It is feeling more like it is really going to happen! Thank you for all your prayers and support, they mean a lot to us!
Isaiah 25:1 "O Lord You are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago."

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What an exciting time! I will be praying for the I800 approval. Thanks for sending the link to your blog. I'll be sure to check in often. Prayerfully, one day we can meet one another with our blessed children in our arms. God bless,
    Colleen Mortensen

    ReplyDelete