Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Humbled and blessed

We did get our I-800 letter on Friday. Now we are waiting for our "visa letter" which is our government saying they will issue Caleb's visa to get into this country. Please pray with us that it comes by this Thursday as I found out our SW will be out of town all next week. So if it comes Friday or later, it will sit for a week. We REALLY want our papers to get to China BEFORE Chinese New Year on Feb. 3rd.
Our SW also had very good news for us today. We have applied for a couple of grants but had not received any yet. One we applied for is through Show Hope. It is an organization close to my heart as I have loved Steven Curtis Chapman since I was in Jr. High. When they adopted their first daughter, it got me thinking about adoption.
We had the pleasure of seeing him in concert with our kids while we lived in KS. He had his 3 youngest daughters come on stage with him. This was in the Fall before his youngest daughter passed away.
Anyway...I applied for a grant through their adoption organization Show Hope. I did not expect to get a grant as I know they are only awarded to people with greatest needs or the child they are adopting has lots of medical needs. So I was totally shocked and humbles when our SW told me we had received a grant from them. Unbelievable! I am so amazed and have been this whole journey at how God has provided for us in steps, each step of the way. We have "sacrificed" and worked hard at some fundraisers, but God has always provided above and beyond our efforts.
Love Chris Tomlin's new cd, got it for Christmas. Really love the song "I Will Follow" especially in regards to our adoption.
"Where you go, I'll go, where you stay, I'll stay, when you move, I'll move, I will follow. All your ways are good, all your ways are pure. I will trust in You alone. Higher than my sight, high above my life, I will trust in You alone...
How You serve, I'll serve, if this life I lose, I will follow You. Light unto the world, light unto my life, I will live for you alone. You're the one I seek, knowing I shall find, all I need in You alone, in You alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment