Wednesday, January 12, 2011

FINALLY, good news!

Ok, so I've been needing to/wanting to blog since before Christmas. But lots was going on and I was trying to work on projects during our break as I am a busy homeschooling mom.
Our I-800 paperwork did not get sent off until Dec. 21st. That was frustrating! Its like going 3 weeks over your due date and then the Dr. telling you, well you have 3 more months to go. It was really hard! We also had to pay more money because Caleb is and would be above 18 mos. when he comes home and our original paperwork said 0-18 mos. After Christmas we got notice that our paperwork was in process, so I prayed we would have I-800 (US gov. immigration approval) approval no later than the end of Jan.
Then life changes. My mother-in-law had been in the hospital in Nov. for a lung infection that she had had for over a year in 2009, and now was back. She was getting antibiotics at home, but wasn't improving really at all. She went back into the hospital on Dec. 23rd. On Christmas Eve she went into ICU. It didn't look real good, but we still thought she would get at least a little better. We never got to talk to her again as she was intubated and sedated. She really got worse on Jan. 2nd/3rd, then went home to be with Jesus on Jan. 4th. It was a very rough week last week. It is still hard, but trying to keep on going with life.
Monday we get this packet in the mail from US immigration, I was only expecting a letter but still hoped it was good news. Nope. Part of our paperwork had been returned because we paid them too much. Why do they have to send the whole thing back? I thought I might have a nervous breakdown at that point. I just needed some good news with everything that had been going on.
The next day our SW had been able to talk to our immigration officer and found out that part of our paperwork ( the more important part) had been approved and would be on its way to China! YAY! FINALLY some good news. Then we wrote another check for the correct amt. and sent the other paperwork back. So now its another 6-8 weeks to get our paperwork processed in China. But the country will be shut down for awhile for Chinese New Year, 1-2 weeks I think. So our payer now is that our paperwork will get really far before Chinese New Year and that we will travel no later than the beginning to middle of March.
In some ways 8 weeks seems like an eternity and on the other hand, oh my, only 8 weeks, I have so much to do!
Thank you for your continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment