Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father to the fatherless

I almost started crying on the way to church today as I thought about celebrating Father's Day. Of course I was excited to be a new mom on Mother's Day, but I think I was still in a fog having just come out of a month where everyone was extremely ill!
Anyway, but I also think it just hit me harder as thinking about God as our heavenly Father. How He is a father to the fatherless. He was there when Caleb was left by his birth mom near a children's hospital , to be found and given the medical treatment that he needed. How my husband has become a father to Caleb. How God had it planned all along. How Caleb now has the chance he might not have had to know his heavenly father. How awesome!
I also thought of those who do not know God, who do not have that relationship with Christ, the only way to the Father. How they are truely fatherless, for eternity.
What will you do about the fatherless? About the 150 million orphans in the world? About the millions that need a heavenly father even more than they need an earthly father?

No comments:

Post a Comment