Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Big News!

We are finally able to share some news a little more publically, but can't share everything yet.
We were matched with a sweet little boy on Sep. 20th. We had 24 hours to give an initial yes or no. I did a lot of processing during those 24 hours! Then we said yes. I'm growing more attached to him each day. He is about 17 mos. old. Beautiful dark hair and dark eyes. Its becoming more real each day. We sure have a lot to do!
After saying yes we had to do some paperwork which did not get off until today because our social worker was out of town. I had been kind of frustrated with that as time is very important now, so we can go get him! I'm studying Isaiah this year in Bible study and this week's lesson was about pride. Well I was humbled today as we found out that we are got our pre-approval (PA) from China on the 25th! Our paperwork hadn't even been sent yet! So God is teaching me AGAIN that He is in control of all of this. He certainly doesn't need me or any paperwork to accomplish His will. It gave us joy and peace knowing that this little boy is supposed to be part of our family. "Oh how marvelous, oh how wonderful and my song shall ever be..."
So next is our Letter of Acceptance (LOA). That is the OFFICIAL letter that says China is accepting us and that he will be our son. When we get that we can post pictures. Pray that it happens quickly, but it can take several weeks.

Prayer: We have a silent auction coming up on Nov. 5th. Pray for preparations for that.
Finances: We have paid about half of what our total costs will be. Praise God! This has been done with about $3,000 from people giving and our garage sales/bake sales, and the rest we had saved. But now we need to pay for the other half. We know God will provide.
Time: Pray that I will use my time wisely. I need to start applying for grants, lots of paperwork. Many other preparations and things to do. I have two children to teach.
Travel: Pray that we will get to travel end of Dec./beginning of Jan. Chinese New Year is Feb.3rd and the country shuts down for awhile. Pray for our many travel preparations.
Thank you for your support!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Anna. This is the most wonderful news! We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers and for your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS, ANNA!!!! YAY!!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete