Monday, July 12, 2010

Delays and Disappointments

I "knew" delays and disappoints were all just part of this adoption process. But it is hard when you actually have to go through it. It was so exciting to get our fingerprints done "early". WE thought for sure we would have our immigration approval letter before we went on our trip to Sacramento, but then July 5th was a holiday. The letter came (of course) 2 hours after we left. Come to find out our social worker had gotten sick for a couple days and was delayed in sending out the info. that they had forgotten in the first place. I guess I need to pray for her health!
Its hard when I work so hard to do everything right and get everything done, and then to have delays. But I know that God is constantly trying to remind me that He is in control and His time is perfect.
I took our paperwork in today thinking it could be Fedexed today but then one more thing has to be notarized, so now we have to go back in on Wed., another delay. It was feeling like we were so close and now it feels a little far again. I was also thinking/hoping we would get matched by Aug., but the social worker said today before Thanksgiving and not to expect to travel until after the new year. :( Disappointment. But again God is the author of all this, He is above paperwork and time and everything in between.
I finished the book "Silent Tears" last week. Eye-opening and heart-wrenching, but glad I read it. I am praying Ps. 71 for Caleb today.

No comments:

Post a Comment